During the Storm
We discuss a lot on how to be prepared before a -storm happens, but what about during the event- Here are a few helpful tips to follow if you find yourself in the middle of a storm:
- Use your battery operated radio or phone for updates from local officials
- Avoid contact with corded phones. Cordless and cellular phones are safer to use.
- Avoid contact with electrical equipment or cords.
- Unplug appliances and other electrical items, such as computers. Power surges from lightning can cause serious damage.
- Avoid contact with plumbing. Plumbing and bathroom fixtures can conduct electricity.
- Stay away from windows and doors
For more information on how to be prepared before, during, and after the storm, visit our website! If you experience damage in your home or business, give us a call.